The Mosque of Aylmer at 21 Park
The Mosque of Aylmer is established in a two story building located in 21 Park Street, Aylmer, Quebec, J9H 4J6. Below is a short description of the Mosque’s building:
- Levels: Two Stories (only the first floor is used for the Mosque)
- Area of one Floor: 4919 ft2 or 457 m2
- Structure: Steel and Concrete (Interior), Brick (Exterior).
- Date of Construction: 1976.
- Parking: 24 spots (more available in evening).
- Prayer Rooms Capacity (first floor): Men (240), Women (80).
The first floor, which is the floor where the mosque is hosted, includes the following facilities:
- A prayer room for men with a capacity of 240 worshipers.
- A prayer room for women with a capacity of 80 worshipers.
- Three small classrooms for children (up to 10 students per room).
- One multipurpose room.
- One office.
- A small kitchen.
Activities in the Mosque Aylmer
The Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings Upon Him) said in a Hadith narrated by Abu Hurayra: “Each Mosque has pillars. When they sit in the Mosque, the angels sit with them. If they leave the Mosque, the angles miss them. If they get sick, the angels visit them. If they get busy, the angels help them. Sitting in the Mosque has three benefits: gaining a good friendship/brotherhood, learning a word of wisdom, and enjoying awaited mercy”.
Pillars are the most critical parts of any structure. Without them, the structure cannot stand. According to the Hadith mentioned above, the pillars of the Mosque are people who frequent and sit in the Mosque praying, reading Quran, and participating in Halaqhas (congregations) of Dikr (Remeberance of ALLAH). In the Mosque of Aylmer, our mandate is to establish and maintain the activities that keep the Mosque alive. Such activities include:
- Five daily prayers.
- Weekly Jumaa (Friday) prayers.
- Eid prayers: Eid Al-Adha and Eid Al-Fitr.
- Halaqas and conferences every week-end.
- Weekly Quran learning classes for men, women, children and youths.
- Celebration of Islamic Holy days including Eids, Mawlid, Ashura, Arafa, etc…
- Full Ramadan program including daily Taraweeh, Sermons, collective Iftars (post-sunset meals), collective Suhur (pre-dawn meals), Tahajod (pre-dawn prayers) and Itikaf (sitting in the Mosque during the last 10 days of Ramadan).